Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, October 28, 2019

Wandering - Downtown and Old Northeast Neighborhood, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA



Yes, more parkland in the downtown area.



An old Banyan tree, next to which the religious folks tended to hang out trying to save souls.



Haute couture in a shop window along the bustling waterfront area.



A downtown marina with the Salvador Dali Museum in the distance peeking through the masts.



A view back towards downtown.



Another of the natives poised for lunch or flight or both.



I guess he didn't like me standing so close.



Away he went.



His steely gray plumage was a perfect match for the steely gray water on this overcast day.



A downtown marina on the bay side.



Another of the locals hanging out.



As a New Englander accustomed to having to bury water pipes at least four feet underground below the freeze layer, I was struck by the blue painted water valve infrastructure accessible above ground everywhere. (If it was reclaimed water, the pipes were painted purple).  I guess you can do that since it almost never gets below freezing here.



Overarching trees cover many of the streets in the Old Northeast.



More Halloweenies.



I saw many houses like this. I would enjoy calling this place home. I probably can't afford it but, I can dream - and it's not for sale anyway. I can see myself sitting in a rocker, pickin' my guitar, and saying hello to passersby on foot in this friendly town.



More Spanish Moss.



Not that anyone asked me but, I think it is a sacrilege to paint a double yellow line on a brick or cobble roadway - just sayin'.



And nearly 15,000 steps later, back to my hotel for some rest and wash-up. Yep, nice place this St. Pete.


No comments:

Post a Comment