Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, October 27, 2019

A Wander About, Old Northeast Neighborhood, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA



Another early morning out and about to see what's nearby. Typical of Florida, outside areas can look like inside if you have a roof overhead to keep the rain off. The Hollander Hotel, at 4th and 4th on the north side, is my home base on this journey.



It turns out the performing arts venue, Palladium Theatre, is right around the corner. Since 2007, it's been a part of St. Petersburg College; it houses two performance areas - one with 850 seats the other with 175. Other performing arts venues within walking distance near downtown include: the Mahaffey with 2000 seats and, American Stage with 182 seats. There are many other venues that offer live music acts almost daily. Seems like my kind of town.



A walk along the bay through another of the many St. Pete parklands. (The big trucks at left were part of some hoopla the coming weekend that I did not attend).



Ditto.



As I ambled through the Old Northeast neighborhood, I noticed that many folks around here really get into the Halloween spirit.



Brick and block sidewalks - the road is off camera to the left behind the year-around greenery.



Any town that builds a road around a grand old tree in the middle is my kind of place.



And Spanish Moss again, calling to me. Yep, nice place this St. Pete..........I could get used to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment