Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, August 4, 2014

It's Still Summer, Bartlett Pond, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


I have found our local bumblebees to be extremely tolerant of me getting close to them while they are gathering pollen from these blue thistle flowers. It is ironic that as a kid and throughout my life, I've always expected bees to sting me yet, as an adult, I am often very close to bees and have never been stung. Unless I step on or hand on one, they seem no more interested in stinging than I am in getting stung. Funny how some childhood fears never leave.

What is it about balancing rocks that is appealing?

The march of the seasons plays out every morning. A month ago, the sun rose a couple inches to the left in this view.  At the winter solstice, the sun rises way off screen to the right.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Joe. Your blog is always very instructive, with high-quality photos. Every article makes it possible to travel, staying in one's chair. I've just shared your link on Facebook. Thanks for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is Huberaime: http://1tabbycat.wordpress.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/hubert.tabutiaux?ref=tn_tnmn
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I still enjoy your blog regularly as it resides in my blog list in the right side margin - it provides me a great glimpse into Provence life for my own armchair traveling!

      Delete