Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Day, Isle of Palms, South Carolina, USA

We arrived today at Isle of Palms.  This will be our base for the coming weeks as we explore the Charleston area. Charleston has been referred to by some as the Boston of the South:  it has history, cuisine, culture, beauty, and beaches but without the bitter winter and snow of the north.  Isle of Palms is a beach city on a barrier island about 15 miles from Charleston, South Carolina.  The town is separated from the mainland by the Intercoastal Waterway.

I have never in my life seen a house this color but nevertheless, it enjoys a prime oceanfront location.

Another house nearby on the same street. Wouldn't choose either myself but I like 'em both.

A family playing at the pier.

A kite boarder just after sunset.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, great pictures! I love the color of the houses, not what I would choose but definitely fun to look at. My husband and I are thinking about moving and starting a new chapter of our lives somewhere else so we have been checking out Isle of Palms real estate. It looks like such a beautiful place. Thanks so much for sharing Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. We enjoyed IOP very much - best wishes.

      Joe

      Delete