Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Isle of Palms, South Carolina, USA


Yesterday for my sunrise walk I wore long underwear and flannel-lined pants and four layers of shirts and coats on my torso.  I thought I was back in New England.  It was 19 Fahrenheit with wind chill and it was mighty invigorating. Of course the cold today will be short lived, the temperature will be back in the 60's by the weekend.

Dawn through a gate.

Sunrise.

Jellyfish on the half-shell, probably not a gastronomic delight.

Algae growth on a pier support.

Shadows and sparkles.

View from a beachfront restaurant outside deck.


Does a watch count?

Sunset at Breach Inlet between Isle of Palms and Sullivan Island. The Battle of Sullivan's Island occurred here in 1776 wherein the British army and navy were defeated.

After sunset, inland by the Intercoastal Waterway.


No comments:

Post a Comment