Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Washington Square, Greenwich Village, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Washington Square has been called the heart of Greenwich Village. Many of the buildings that  surround it now are part of New York University. This 10-acre park has a storied past and present. 

It is a place of great beauty and history and affords people a lovely parkland area in the densely developed city. There were musicians, artists selling their wares, ice cream and drink vendors, and many people of all ages and varieties sitting in the shade or strolling during my brutally hot afternoon visit.

Even in the blistering heat, this man seemed to be fond of the direct sun though his dog had other ideas and jumped in the fountain to cool off just before this moment.

I'm not sure how this man got his piano in and out of the park but, somehow he did it. He was playing healing music for the person underneath lying on the mat.

Moving an upright instead of a grand piano is perhaps somewhat more practical. This busker was at the other side of the park.

I sat for quite some time listening to these amazingly talented musicians playing for passersby.

On my way back to the subway, this "For Sale" sign a half block from the park caught my attention.  I was intrigued by the Vespa scooter parked in front. I have always wanted one of them - bright red only. When I later got to a computer I checked on the property listing.  It's a 5 BR, 5 BA, 4,600 sq. ft. townhouse.  It's asking price is $17,750,000. No, that's not a typo - it's almost eighteen million dollars!  Here's a link to the Zillow listing.  (I hope they plan to include the Vespa as part of the deal).


No comments:

Post a Comment