Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, March 10, 2017

Piazza del Salvatore, Lucca, Tuscany, Italy



For hundreds, perhaps a thousand years, local folks have made their way to this fountain in Piazza del Salvatore to fill their water bottles at the spigot to take home for cooking and drinking. Even the young woman in the "Beats" headphones carries on the tradition.



This nice lady with the bicycle, her basket filled with bottles of fresh water, explained to me in rapid-fire Italian (thinking I understood ) that the water flows fresh and clear to this piazza from the mountains of Pisa. I like that - and I like that she took the time to proudly tell me - me, just another tourist enjoying her homeland of remarkable beauty and old world charm. 

Oh, Lucca! - it is so nice to be back among you.

I hope you can follow along with me on Joe's Retirement Blog from time to time and share my wonder as we visit this most special place on the planet.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely Lucca. I will be there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we cross paths sometime over the next 6 weeks we are visiting in the area.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joe! I was in Lucca March of 2017 also . My friend and I traveled to Tuscany 3/10-3/16 . We also stood in this same spot and enjoyed water from the spigot. Lucca is beautiful and I can't wait to return .

    ReplyDelete