Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Mile Around the Block, Lucca, Tuscany, Italy



While I certainly enjoy the random wanderings down any street in Lucca to see where it takes me, my walking man gene likes a fixed course that my body can execute on auto-pilot, that passes cool sights and elements of Lucca, and that ends up back at my door.

Following the black line in the map above, it turns out if I go west on Via San Croce, north and east on Via Fillungo, through the Porta Santa Maria dei Borghi gate, southeast on Via della Zecca, south on Via del Fosso, then west on Via Santa Croce through the Porta San Gervasio gate and home. It is exactly a one mile course. I like that.

The following was a night time trip along that route.



North on Via Fillungo - it was a good time to ride a bike as there were few pedestrians like myself on this chilly evening.



Still on Via Fillungo.



A texture and shadow enhanced view through the Porta San Gervasio gate, a 13th century artifact.



Late arrivals into the city via the Porta San Gervasio gate haul their luggage in the darkness.

It's a short walk but jam packed with interesting sights - day or night - and I'll usually add a detour through Piazza dell' Anfiteatro just because I can. Now, where did I put my blue plaid trousers and blue diamond stockings? (See my 3/20/17 blog post at this link for context).


No comments:

Post a Comment