Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Paramount, Theatre District, Boston, Massachusetts, USA



One of the advantages of wandering around Boston in the winter is that there are fewer tourists. I don't mind tourists, I am frequently one myself, but with fewer out and about it is easier to navigate the streets at a faster pace.

A recent wander through the theatre district in Boston brought me here. If you pretend the fancy modern cars are Model T's and Model A's, I doubt the street scene is much different than when the Paramount opened in 1932. The 1700-seat venue was one of the first places in Boston to play those new-fangled "talkies."



I like the juxtaposition of the theatre facade with the gleaming high-rise in the background.



Someone has to keep all those light bulbs replaced.



.... and there is certainly a high number of them.

The Paramount today is under the umbrella of "ArtsEmerson which is the professional presenting and producing organization of the Office of the Arts at Emerson College." (Source: ArtsEmerson.org).


No comments:

Post a Comment