Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Music, Seville, Andalusia, Spain



Those of you following along on this Spain trip will recall I mentioned an extrordinary musical experience hearing some street musicians during an evening paseo. (Here's the link) Well, a week later, on a different street I saw them again and here they are playing in front of a grafitti wall. Again, extraordinary music.



I didn't linger with my favorite street musicians because we were in a hurry to get to this restaurant, Volapie, and get a seat for a free Flamenco show. We did have to buy food and drinks though - not much, a couple tapas and a bottle of water. Every weekday evening at 9pm, the Volapie bar/restaurant, located very near the Parasol on Calle Martin Villa in Centro, moves aside a few tables and provides this show.



I don't know much about Flamenco and this was the first show I had ever seen and frankly, it was wonderful. Three artists perform together: a guitarist, a singer, and a dancer. The venue had a sign posted saying they did not permit photos during the performance but my next blog post will have some photos from another public location and time that did.


No comments:

Post a Comment