Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Attic Rafters - Neighborhood Home Renovation Project, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



For this update, work is now proceeding on the attic rafters. The owner of the house felt very strongly about the importance of retaining the character and feel of the 120-year-old original house and speaks very positively about the builder, Architectural Innovations, from Cotuit on Cape Cod.



The old and new sections integrate seamlessly. Once the exterior shingling is finished and weathered to a beautiful New England gray color, I doubt a casual observer will ever know it was an addition.



Second floor interior.



Second floor interior.



The ridge beam and one side of the rafters are complete.







The men are beginning to construct the perpendicular ridge beam that will connect to the old house. And yes, I'm climbing around up here where I probably shouldn't be - but I can't resist.



Late afternoon.



View from the beach. This has been quite an enjoyable project to follow over the past few months but, I'm leaving town in a week so I'll miss the finish work. When I return home in mid-April, I expect it will all be done and spring flowers will be blooming in the yard!

I invite you to follow along with me on my visit to southern Spain starting in mid-February!


No comments:

Post a Comment