Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Coulommes, Île-de-France, France

I am always a sucker for a street puddle reflection and passing through this small village of Coulommes (50 km/30 miles east of Paris) after a brief rain shower was no exception. 

But what initially made me stop were these odd looking trees surrounding two sides of this church property.

I don't think I've ever seen trees like these. Maybe they are religious trees and are raising their arms in a supplication-like pose.

Not that it took any reminding but, as we left the village it was obvious that I still had a long way to go to get my French pronunciation even close to correct. You try it. I think the "s" on the end of a word is almost always silent. As Dorothy might say, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." By the way, the stop signs that I've seen so far say "STOP" instead of  "ARRÊT"  - go figure. In any case, it's all good. Vive la France! 


No comments:

Post a Comment