Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, March 2, 2015

Vive la France! Provins, Île-de-France, France

I've seen so little of France that I hesitate to make any generalizations but, the area about 50 miles (80km) southeast of Paris is characterized by extraordinarily beautiful, gently rolling farmland.  The French flag is shown above whipping in the breeze. 

This on-again, off-again stormy day provided great varying lighting to create these images.

This is one of my favorites - splashes of light in just the right places. Reminds me vaguely of the iconic images one can see traveling in Italy.

I really like this one, too.

Long, flat, straight roads are occasionally punctuated by another rotary/roundabout/rond-point/giratoire. Although big trucks also fly down these roads, shaking the car as they pass, driving the roads was an absolute pleasure. Vive la France!


No comments:

Post a Comment