Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, September 24, 2012

New Shoes

I don't like buying shoes and I avoid it as long as possible. I'll wear the same pair of shoes for years. Sometimes I buy two identical pairs at the same time. When I was a working man and had to dress up like an adult every day,  I had two pairs of black wing-tips that I rotated and wore for at least ten years.  Did I mention I'm a cheapskate and not at all stylish?

Anyway, I bought one pair of the shoes in the photo above recently. I was looking for all-day-every-day retiree shoes (but not the kind with velcro closures they advertise in AARP - I'm not that old yet). Criteria included the following: keep my feet dry and cool, provide support so I can walk in them for many hours, and they must be vegan (no leather or other animal parts). I decided the airy mesh construction of this model is perfect to meet all my criteria.  What I forgot to consider was the beach. Bad move.

Sand just pours in through the mesh.  Here's a couple minutes worth of accumulation.  Sure glad I didn't buy two pairs this time....... Note to self: DUH.

No comments:

Post a Comment