Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Out and About, Ithaca, New York, USA



This post is a random collection of images I wanted to publish as our trip to Ithaca draws near the end.

If this scene looks rainy or snowy then I have been successful in portraying the one month visit to Ithaca this season. Much gray sky and infrequent sunshine. The kind of weather to stay inside, have a fire in the fireplace, and either create or listen to music.



But with waterfalls within walking distance, of course I still ventured outside daily trying to get in my 10,000 steps (I fell short many times). This is Ithaca Falls.



A random house I happened to pass by but, on reflection, turned around and went back to capture this image of a time gone by.



I think this is a Halloween holdover still in someone's front yard trying to get out.



It is not uncommon to see strongly colored painted exteriors in downtown Ithaca houses. This is one of the milder ones.



This distorted window reflection reminded me of both the paintings, "The Starry Night," and "The Scream."



This well-placed street art brightens up this driveway/alleyway nicely.



I would never have thought to put classical pillars in a living room but, they are a great architectural feature. I hope someday I have a living room with the same!



The master of street art!

I have enjoyed our stay in downtown Ithaca.  Being within walking distance of nearly everything is both a convenience to get out and walk and a good reason to not rely so much on an automobile. And the Downtown, Fall Creek, and Northside neighborhoods are as flat as Florida. When I wanted extreme old man cardio exercise, I simply hiked up the hill to the adjacent Cornell University campus. Now, if they could just do something about the lack of sunshine.........


No comments:

Post a Comment