Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Buttermilk Falls State Park, Ithaca, New York, USA



It is fitting that my final post from this trip to Ithaca, New York, is about a waterfall. Ithaca prides itself on waterfalls both in town and nearby. Buttermilk Falls State Park is barely two miles south of downtown Ithaca. Since winter weather has already set in, the main gorge trail is already closed for the season (too slippery with ice). It has been very cold and parts of the falls are already frozen but, much water is still flowing. I would have thought some things are obvious and go without saying but,.............



........this sign really cracked me up. Hearty folk live around here if they need to be told "no swimming" at this time of year! Or maybe, it's for tourists like me.......so, being a good law-abiding citizen, I obeyed the sign and did not go in the water - not that I was the least bit tempted anyway.

Goodbye, Ithaca! I've enjoyed your charms once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment