Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Red-tailed Hawk, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



So, I looked out the window during an all day rain event and there he was, sitting right there just for me - a first year juvenile red-tailed hawk. I grabbed my trusty old point and shoot, aimed it out the window through rain-spattered, double-paned glass and these three images are the result.



He's staring intently at the ground hoping for lunch or dinner to run by so he can swoop down. The rain is dripping off his beak tip.



It didn't take him long to realize I was at the window watching - he flew away a split-second after I took this picture. He is another on the list of dramatic wild creatures in Manomet - hawks, coyotes, foxes, deer, turkeys, and humans. I enjoy the occasional illusion of wilderness - considering that Boston, a world-class big city is only 50 miles away and, that Massachusetts is the third most densely populated state in the United States (behind New Jersey and Rhode Island).


No comments:

Post a Comment