Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Seasonal Changes, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Big changes are underway here in Manomet. The days are shockingly short, the temperature is slowly but steadily dropping, and this definitely looks like a fall or winter sky.



The water is getting colder, too - it is in the mid/upper 40's Fahrenheit already - I don't see the local dogs go swimming in the water anymore.



This dramatic sky might even trigger a few snow flurries.



And just the idea of snow causes my whole world to tilt.



I have walked many beaches in my life and I don't remember finding a full skull like this. I can't tell precisely what it was -  a gull or heron or what? Any biologists out there want to tell me?



Changes aren't just confined to nature. Winter is a good time for human projects big and small. Much of this old house has been removed - just like slicing off part of a cake.....



....in preparation for some remodeling. It's a great time for a project like this - contractors can work through the winter and it will be done in time for the owner to enjoy the upcoming summer. I'm always fascinated by these types of projects - it will be fun watching it develop over the next couple months.


No comments:

Post a Comment