Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Produce Market, Bailly-Romainvilliers, Île-de-France, France

I'm a simple man (some might say simpleton) who never left my home country until I was in my twenties. I never flew in an airplane until that first out-of-country trip. In the forty years since then, I have been fortunate to travel to a few other parts of this big world but, until now, I've never been to France. Leaving Boston on a cold winter's night between snowstorms, we landed six hours and 3,500 miles later in Paris.

The first outing after settling in was to the local produce market to stock up on vegan food. Counterclockwise from upper left, I am familiar with potatoes, pears, tomatoes, blueberries, and onions but, WHAT IN THE HECK IS THAT GREEN THING! I thought I was hallucinating from jet lag and sleep deprivation.

Turns out it is a Choux Romanesco, a member of the broccoli/cauliflower family. Of course, we took it home to try out.


2 comments:

  1. Joe, your shots of food, especially produce are amazing. The reason I stumbled accord your site was photos of guacamole and avocados etc last year in the Yucatan...now you have me hooked :) Good blog, my wife and I enjoy it, not quite retirement age but we enjoy your travels and pics...Rory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rory, Thanks for your comment. I'm always glad to hear that someone is following along from time to time and finds some benefit from this blog. Joe

      Delete