Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, February 2, 2015

Deer, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

On this bright, sunny morning after the recent blizzard, but before the next big storm arrived, I was treated to a visit by our local four-deer herd.  Although this isn't a wilderness area, the many trees and undeveloped land apparently provides them enough to call it home.

With up to thirty inches of snow on the ground, the deer seem to have found walking across the windswept frozen pond with less snow depth to be a preferred route.

Three of the four make their way along the shore, nibbling branches along the way.

Dashing from window to window to get a clear line of sight, I made these images from inside the house. (Astute observers will notice some telltale signs of my sloppy post-processing in some of these images.)

Once they got close to the house though, they became aware of my movement inside the windows.


I have definitely been caught.

And with a last look my way, off they went in the other direction, away from me and my prying eyes.


2 comments: