Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Greatest Hits of 2014 - Live Music with a Full Moon

About this image:

This particular image is about creating an eye-catching view of live music performed outside under a full moon. The actual moon, although full, was too small to create the dramatic look I wanted so I went to the other extreme and created this oversized version.   The location is Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA.

*******************************************************************************

About this series:

Last year, I created about 20,000 images with my point-and-shoot camera.  Of those, I published about 2,000 in 329 separate blog posts. I sat down recently and wandered through those 2,000 images and decided to select around 20 of them to re-publish as my "Greatest Hits of 2014," along with a comment about the image.

First, a comment about digital photography. Comparing digital to film, if I use a purchase price of $7 per roll (for a 36-exposure roll of color film) and add another $13 per roll to process as a benchmark, those 20,000 images would have used about 555 rolls at a total cost of more than $11,000! which would have been unaffordable.

Since I didn't use film, my only cost was the memory card and batteries in the camera. Essentially zero cost per image. No wonder digital camera photography has taken the world by storm.


2 comments: