Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, December 15, 2014

Vegan Pizza, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

This is another post in my occasional series about "what do vegans eat?" Simply put, everything except animals and animal products. 

For this meal, I started with a cornmeal crust pizza shell, spread a layer of tomato/pasta sauce, added some Italian herbs/spices, red pepper flakes, black beans, green peas, scallions, a veggie patty cut into cubes, and vegan "cheese" (a cheese-like product made from tapioca and arrowroot).

After baking at 425, I added sliced tomatoes, avocado chunks, and chopped spinach.

Of course, I realize this isn't a very "normal" pizza. (A man I used to work with called it sacrilege when I put avocado on pizza - only three-cheese and pepperoni are acceptable in his world). This was more of a situation where I opened the fridge and said, what's left in here that I can throw together and call a pizza?  The answer as you've probably guessed is - pretty much anything without animals! 

For more posts about what this vegan eats, type "Vegan Food" in the search box in the right side column of this bog.


No comments:

Post a Comment