Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, July 13, 2012

Beach Path, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


For those of us who don't live very close to the beach, there are various paths and lanes to get there on foot. Following this particular path, I must bend over and shuffle through the greenery.

The folks living in this house don't seem to mind strangers passing close by their window.

I've always been confused by this route. Does the 'DO NOT ENTER' sign mean don't enter the fence or, don't drive down the road or, just a general deterrent? I'll never know but I bet it works - except on local pedestrians like me - I just walk down the road anyway.

When one of the paths widens into this dirt/gravel road, I am almost there.....

.......and it's always worth the walk.

At the beach at low tide, lots of activity is taking place: here a jet ski is being removed from the water.

The outgoing tide has amazingly sculpted this stylized version of some swan-like creature! Wow, what talent!

Afternoon shadow and light.

At the evening  low tide, the Priscilla Beach swimming area perimeter markers sit on the sand waiting to float up when the tide returns.

Folks enjoy a walk at low tide, especially for the ten-weeks that constitute "summer" in New England. Is that man barely noticeable in the background fishing from a beach chair? - yes - well, not exactly - truth be told, the fisherman told me he doesn't have a hook on his line and is just sitting there - I think he just wanted some peace and quiet at the beach - and he got it - except for folks like me yakking at him.


No comments:

Post a Comment