Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, July 15, 2012

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


The warmth of the sun, the feel of the breeze, the smell of the salt air, the sound of the water, the blue of the sky, the shrieks of jubilant children running with abandon - the beach is a special place.

Watching the drama of clouds growing into storms is part of the summer beach experience.

I liked this green umbrella - the color of shallow water.

The clouds darken by the hour, building for this afternoon's thunderstorm - a thunderstorm I got caught in and drenched to the bone. An intensely focused bright red cell moving slowly, it was right where it showed it would be on the weather map before I left home. Normally I would have stayed home but, getting caught in a warm summer rain is not really an unpleasant experience.  I can't remember when the last time in my life I just got wet in the rain because it was raining - no raincoat, no umbrella, just wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment