Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, July 21, 2017

"Project Arts Harborfest," Day 2 of 2, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, on day one of the Harborfest the weather was overcast and gray but today is a perfect New England summer day - add in some live music, outdoors, by rockin' high-energy, high-volume, Memphis blues bands and I was in for a treat. (Click on an image to view a higher resolution version if your device supports that action).

Note the distortion on the car at the center of the view. When using the panorama mode, if the movement of the camera matches the relative movement of the car, I get this effect.  I like to cultivate it when I have the opportunity - the longer the stretch the better according to the game I play with myself - another example is at the end of this post.



The craft vendors were hoping the better weather would bring out more crowds.



I like that Plymouth has strategically placed benches for just sitting and being. As I travel the world, I am often surprised that many places don't encourage idle sitting - too bad - I like idle sitting and gazing on a beautiful sight - idle sitting without gazing is okay, too.



Of course, you don't need a bench if you bring your own chairs and umbrella.



The harbor is immediately adjacent to the State Park festival and music area.



And speaking of music, the blues bands that performed today were unbelievably good.  Consider, some of these musicians have been performing for forty+ years! My generation has grown up and we didn't even realize it until it was too late.



Three men totally in sync playing great music.



Technology is wonderful but, I still find it slightly unsettling when the musicians (with wireless mics on their instruments) just wander at will among the crowd while still playing flawlessly.



Talk about up close and personal.



Live music outdoors by skilled musicians on a perfect summer day in New England - life can't get much better. The street at left that disappears into the distance is Leyden Street, reputedly the oldest continuously inhabited street in the country.



As I departed the festival, like a dog after a bone, I had to try another panorama. The little yellow/green jeep wrangler that appears distorted, turned out great - I almost stretched it into a limo!

(By the way, the orange construction barrels should be gone in a few more weeks when road repair/upgrade is completed).


No comments:

Post a Comment