Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, January 17, 2022

Composting, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



I have always been a proponent of composting. Since I eat a vegan diet, all my kitchen waste is plant matter. I have used the stationary composter pictured above for many, many years. I find though, as I have gotten older, it has become more difficult to turn the composting material with either a shovel or a pitchfork so...



...I thought I would buy and try this newfangled model that is off the ground and rotates on its axis. With this model, I don't have to manually turn it with an implement but, instead, can simply rotate it regularly to aid the aeration and decomposition process.



Here they both are side-by-side for size comparison.



This is the shipping box it came in so, as you can imagine, some assembly is required. I am totally impressed they could design and fit all the pieces into such a small box. The assembly instructions were step-by-step online photographs, very easily followed, and hopefully, it will last more years than I have remaining on the planet before I become compost. The only tool needed was a Phillips screwdriver. (This model is a Miracle-Gro, 27.7 gallon, single chamber composter).


No comments:

Post a Comment