Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, December 3, 2021

Big Surf, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



A cold front had passed the day before, the wind was cold and howling, the waves churned up.


Every time I think about moving to a warmer climate, I am again struck by the beauty of this area. I have lived in southeastern Massachusetts for 25+ years - I never would have guessed that outcome earlier in my life.



A lone dog walker and I were the only ones out and about on this windy afternoon.



I am sure that most of the time it must be nice having a house right on the edge of the beach.  But sometimes it has disadvantages, like after a very high storm tide that erodes the sand.



Here's how one homeowner addressed the problem - elevate the house on concrete pillars and board up the oceanside windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment