Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Six Mile Creek, Ithaca, New York, USA



These deer are grazing in the back yard of the place we are staying in Ithaca. Unlike the deer at home in Manomet, these creatures seem mostly unconcerned by my presence even when I approach. They look up, study me, then return to grazing. They will spook if I approach too closely but are much more relaxed around this human than the deer at home. Of course, I speak to them as I approach. And no, I won't tell you what I say or how I say it - let's just say I'm training to be a deer whisperer.



This frozen waterfall in a sheltered gully in the Six Mile Creek forest apparently didn't get the word that spring is here.



This is a good illustration of the power of direct solar heating. I am standing on a south-facing slope bathed in warm sunshine and devoid of snow while the opposite north-facing slope is still deep with snow cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment