Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Sheep Grazing, Chiltonville, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



A sheep has great peripheral vision seeing forwards and sideways and a little bit rearwards, too, all without turning its head. Of course, if you've ever tried to sneak up on a sheep you already know this. (If you tried in your youth, I suspect alcohol was involved).  And yes, I'm pretty sure this is a sheep and not a goat - (but I did look up the differences to be sure).

Note the ear tag number. When I was a young boy, I worked on a dairy farm. To this day I remember a particular cow with an ear tag number 38 who enjoyed kicking any young boy foolish enough to step too closely behind her in the wrong spot. To this day, I'm careful when standing in line at an public event if the person in front of me is wearing a sports jersey with the number 38.

Baaaad.


No comments:

Post a Comment