Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Barber of Seville and Alameda de Hercules, Centro, La Macarena, Seville, Andalusia, Spain




I don't know if I will need a haircut before we leave Seville, but if I do, I will try to do it here. Not that I am a fan of opera but, I am a fan of clever. "The Barber of Seville," is clever.



And speaking of high quality music, here is one half of my favorite duo performing again on the street for passersby. The edgy graffiti background is a nice lead into.......



...our walk to the Alameda de Hercules at the edge of the Centro and La Macarena distrists (yes, that La Macarena). The band, Los del Río, was from this neighborhood/barrio. The tune was an international hit in the mid-1990's and was ranked the "#1 Greatest One-Hit Wonder of All Time" by VH1 in 2002. I bet its driving beat is stuck in your head now, playing over and over.



More edgy posters alongside tranquil garage door art.



The Alameda de Hercules is a long broad plaza with many bars/restaurants on the perimeter. After an up and down storied history, it is now experiencing a resurgence of life, music, art and a progressive lifestyle.



Our destination was this restaurant, Arte y Sabor, one of the few restaurants we have found here that actually understands and offers specifically vegan tapas.



It was worth the walk. And lots of other folks were out enjoying the day also.



I passed this balcony on the way back and liked the colors - both the paint and the reflected sky and building across the street. There seems to be no limit to the variety and interesting places one can find in Seville.


No comments:

Post a Comment