Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, April 1, 2013

Blogging

People ask me, "how do you make a blog post everyday? how do you get your ideas for a blog post?"  The simple answer is anywhere and everywhere but, the easiest way I've found is to start walking - somewhere, anywhere - I try to keep my eyes and ears and brain open and something will usually occur to me to photograph now or write about later. Sometimes I get an idea when I'm in the shower but, I usually forget what it was by the time I get out so those don't really count very often.  

I almost always have my camera in my pocket or within easy reach, I almost always have a pen and paper with me or within easy reach. Having a snack and water is a good idea also. Except in the shower.

 Disclaimer: I don't actually eat Twinkies - they are unfortunately, not even close to being vegan -  but I bought this box of them when Hostess went out of business last year and just now thought to put it into this blog post. Also, the red pocket camera is not my camera (it's Amy's), but I wanted a small pocket camera in this picture and since I was taking the picture with my camera, I couldn't take a picture of my camera - I think that makes sense........although that might be an idea for a future blog post.....hmmm.

Since I have tried to post a blog everyday rather than just when the urge hits (and I haven't missed a day  since December 18, 2011, about 470 consecutive posts) , the challenge is often to turn the mundane into something interesting - clearly, I don't always succeed - my life just isn't always that interesting.  But since my posts are usually very short by design, the bad ones are over relatively quickly for the reader.  

Maybe I should eat just one or two of those Twinkies for inspiration.............


No comments:

Post a Comment