Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Don't Miss Your Life

 
I recently heard a song playing on the radio called "Don't Miss Your Life," by Phil Vassar, that laments his absence from many important events in his children's lives.  As I unpacked moving boxes recently, I stumbled upon some 20-year-old videos of my own son's early years - first solid food, first steps, first words, first birthday, first whatever...... Sometimes I missed it, sometimes I was present for that special moment of learning and knowing - to see the sense of accomplishment - to watch a young life focus and independently plan and execute an action that was beyond reach even the day before.  As I reflect back, I think that overall, I was lucky to have been present more often than not. It just seems like it was all over so fast.......where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment