Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


I am struck by how fresh and new and beautiful the beach seems each time I go visit. I think it's that sense of renewal that each high/low tide cycle provides.  Over the past year, I have walked a lot of beaches and generally find most people and dogs to be friendly.  The beach seems to be a great equalizer - everyone can enjoy it in different ways together.

Ever see a real estate ad that said, "steps to the beach?" This would be accurate advertising.

Manomet Point from White Horse Beach.  There is nothing quite like a sky half-full of cumulus clouds with a brilliant midday sun slicing through the gaps, the shadows racing across the ground creating light and dark areas.

White Horse Beach.

Priscilla Beach.

What is the attraction with the beach anyway? It changes daily, the sand shifts, the tides change. No one is really "in charge" of it, it just is. Generally speaking, we can’t complain to anyone to "fix it" if we don't like something – it’s the beach, deal with it or leave – no one's twisting anyone's arm to be there - no one's collecting tickets. I like that.

I just spent 40 years of my life working inside buildings - I like to be outside now.

The beach even makes it's own abstract sand sculptures.

A gull about to make a gear-up landing maybe?

This one has wheels down already.

An earthquake? - No, it's another of my GIF experiments.

I don't use Facebook much but, I still know how to "like" something in real life.


1 comment: