Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Photography Lesson - Priscilla Beach Theatre, Priscilla Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



As I drove by the Priscilla Beach Theatre recently, I was struck by the dramatic cloud-filled sky, and the ethereal light that sliced through the clouds to illuminate the scene. But, when I got home and reviewed my images I was deeply disappointed with the results. I know that the scene that I saw is not what came out of the camera pictured above. I am hoping what I saw is still hiding in the pixels - I just need to pull out my vision in post-processing.



The first edit revealed much of what I actually saw on location but, it still needs more finessing.



The final edit is stunning - pretty close to what my eyes experienced originally.

I did not use fancy expensive software that professionals prefer.  I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 14; many say it's the most popular software for the masses and it retails for well under $100. (Note: I am not affiliated with the manufacturer and do not receive any compensation - I have used the product for many years and I just like it).

The lesson? - I don't automatically reject a poor image out of camera - the scene I wanted might be hiding in plain sight and easily retrievable with a few minutes of effort and manipulation. Digital photography offers an incredible range of creative opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment