Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slowing Down, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico


As the morning glow of sunrise brightens the day, a pelican begins his hunt for breakfast.

It is another beautiful beginning to another beautiful day in Puerto Morelos. Weather: warm and sunny - same forecast every day. It's been almost a week since New Year's day and the weekday crowds are starting to diminish a bit - time for many folks to go home and get back to their real lives.

If gulls could talk.........: "I don't wanna go next, you go next, I went next last time, it's your turn, I always have to go next, I don't wanna go next, make him go next, he never goes next, I'm tired of flying, I just want to stand around, you go next......"

This palm trunk washed up on the shore this morning.  I wonder how long it's been floating around and how many boats either banged into it or saw it in time and dodged?

Solitary silent songster silhouetted since sunrise. 

A milky wave breaks over a piece of driftwood.

In the middle of the day, I stay inside when the sun is at it's most intense - it's too much for my pale skin. And at that time of the day, from our rented third floor condo unit a few buildings back from the water, we have a nice sideways view of the water.  


No comments:

Post a Comment