Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Unsightly Signage

I was walking near the beach recently and came upon this sign. I don't like that our culture has devolved to a state where putting up signs like this is expected and commonplace.  Must we continue to trash the visual beauty of our world with silliness like this?  I guess so. Between the increasingly litigious nature of our society and the eagerness of lawyers to represent us, it's like a perfect storm of circumstances.


2 comments:

  1. Love your parade pictures and I agree about the signs. Our "neighborhood" meeting got ugly this summer over signs - apparently I was the only person who didn't find them oh-so desirable. They spent hours yammering about them - the idea was to keep the "undesirables" off THEIR beach. Glad to find a kindred spirit, yes just more visual clutter, as if there isn't enough already in the world.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,

    Thanks for your comment. I think we are a lone voice in the wilderness........

    Joe

    ReplyDelete