Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, February 16, 2020

"Blue Hour," St. Petersburg, Florida, USA



After a February day in the low 80's F, folks fill the downtown for outside dining.



Some folks were "dressed to the nines," and some in t-shirts and shorts, all appeared welcome.



I see how one can get comfortable with this lifestyle compared to the cold and dreariness of the north.



All is quiet at the 1927 Flori-de-Leon, former winter home of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.

I viewed an available unit for sale with a realtor.  Frankly, if I was at the point of ready to buy, I would  jump at the chance right here. I really like the history and ambiance of this building and its location downtown. 

I still am trying to sort out the ideas of snowbirding vs. moving vs. visiting vs. traveling to different locations each year vs. single family dwelling vs. shared walls vs. condo vs. coop vs. stand-alone. Living here in Florida is not without its drawbacks. Almost to a person with whom I spoke, folks leave during the hot and humid summer months if they can.  It is the reverse side of the winter/summer coin. New Englanders leave in the middle of winter, many here leave in the middle of summer. And of course, the biggest question: do I really want the expense and work (and can I afford) to maintain two homes in distant locations or, should I just leave New England altogether? Oh well, more thought and analysis to be done.........




No comments:

Post a Comment