Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, February 13, 2020

A Weekend Downtown, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA



On Saturdays for much of the year (not during June to September), a huge open air market is held downtown - food, treats, stuff, live music, and lots of people.



I enjoyed a delicious vegan lunch from this vendor.



I have seen and eaten a lot of guacamole in my life but never such a huge bowl filled to the brim. I wanted to dunk face-first into it.....



It being a weekend, I wandered a dozen or so open houses to get a feel for the local real estate market. This little gem of a property had been on the market less than 24 hours and already had two offers. (Asking price was $250K USD, I don't know how much the offers were). I could see myself sitting on that front porch saying hello to passersby.



This unremarkable view has an interesting piece of information. Notice the vessel at left says "Provincetown III." Turns out this ship is a snowbird and motors between Tampa and St. Pete in the winter months and spends the summer months plying the Boston to Provincetown waters.



Many of the downtown streets were closed off and no parking allowed to accommodate runners for the marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K and whatever else. Of course, it was a perfect 72 degree F day.



While there are many fancy high-rise and/or other newer buildings downtown, this development struck me as a nice little place for a snowbird apartment. "Old Florida" style - a two-story walk-up, mature gardens and plantings, and location, location, location.  Hmmmm?


No comments:

Post a Comment