Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, July 29, 2019

Out and About, Boston, Massachusetts, USA



Late afternoon sunlight and long shadows on the Boston Common, the oldest city park in the United States dating from 1634.

I left home early for the 50-mile drive to downtown Boston. One can never predict the traffic and I am obsessively early for everything plus, the purpose of the visit was to see the national touring production of the Broadway hit, "Dear Evan Hansen," at the 1600-seat venue, the Boston Opera House, and I didn't want to risk missing a moment of the show.

I parked at Post Office Square Garage ($9 after 4pm weekdays or, all day on weekends), and headed to the Seaport District for a vegan meal at "by Chloe." I wandered about that part of town for a while in the sparkling late afternoon sun on a perfect warm clear summer Boston day happy to be alive.

A few sights caught my eye during this ramble:



























The purpose of my visit, "Dear Evan Hansen," showing at the Boston Opera House.



No photos were permitted inside the performance hall but, this lobby view was allowed. Both areas were equally grand.



I don't often see a show downtown - generally too expensive, the difficulty of getting there and back, and the crowd of humanity in a small space. But this production was well worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment