Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, April 17, 2017

Shelter from the Storm, Lucca, Tuscany, Italy



Usually, getting caught out in the rain without a raincoat or umbrella is annoying to me. Not this time. I ducked under the wall at Porta San Pietro (Saint Peter Gate) for the rain shower to pass and was gifted with beautiful light and these first three image opportunities. Note the 16 foot high metal clad door which, when closed, would keep out invaders.  Of course, historically, Lucca never had to use these walls for armed defense.



Porta San Pietro is the road access through the southern wall into the city of Lucca and was constructed in the 1560's.



For this image, I removed all color and manipulated the depth of field.



Leaving the protection of the gate when the rain stopped, I wandered by a bicycle rental store with a wet inventory. And yes, I cropped the pedestrian's head off purposefully.  I liked it better that way as a hint of mystery and anonymity.


No comments:

Post a Comment