Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, July 1, 2016

Scituate Lighthouse, Scituate, Massachusetts, USA



The Scituate Lighthouse is easily accessible and visited by many over the course of a year. I knew it would be difficult to create an image that hadn't been done thousands of times before.



The harbor was also bustling with nautical activity including these young sailors being towed outside the breakwater to enjoy the fresh breeze.



So, what can I do to make an interesting image?



How about all black and white? Nope, not quite right.



And then, as if on cue, this woman in a brightly colored dress happened into my frame. Having her in the black and white frame and adding an additional texture and I have it! Is it too contrived?  Perhaps, but I like it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment