Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Parade, Independence Day Celebration, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


We enjoyed beautiful summer weather on which to hold the annual  Independence Day Parade. Especially when compared to the weather on the scheduled event on the 4th when Hurricane Arthur and associated inclement weather passed by then. There were old cars, fire and police vehicles, and sellers of typical kid toys......

....and motorcyclists......

.....and young kids.......

....and a pizza twirler on a float......

...and a float with a model of the new St. Bonaventure Catholic Church in Manomet.....

......and my favorite - the same church made from a wagon, a cardboard box or two, some paint, and lots of creativity.....

.....and a young patriot....

...and lots of politicians - no, really, I mean LOTS of politicians.......

.....and old timey bicyclists.......

...and a princess?.......

.....and did I mention LOTS of politicians......

.....and flag twirlers and bands.....

....and a revolutionary era fife player (fifer?- fifist?)......

....and a man in red,white, and blue boas......

...and a king and queen.......

...and a rock and roll band on a float.....

...and even a blue haired poodle on a motorcycle.  Yep, it was just a normal parade in America's Hometown - Plymouth, Massachusetts. Did I mention there were LOTS of politicians?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe (just guessing this is your name) :)
    I've come upon your blog by way of a blue haired dog :). My son-in-law sent the picture to me so I followed your blog till I found it. I'm SO impressed by your pictures. BEAUTIFUL!
    I love your picture of the dog on the motorcycle (Bichon, not Poodle). I thought I might introduce him to you. He is Cooper The Motorcycle Dog. I write a blog about him too. We are followed by 93 countries currently and have over 40,000 views. Check it out if you want. http://paulajeanandcooper.blogspot.com I do a post every day. I'll visit your blog again. It's a beautiful taste of bright sunny days that I love so much here in New England. I'm enjoying your retirement so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula and Cooper, Thanks for your comment! It's always a treat when I hear from someone (or dog) who appeared in my blog.

    ReplyDelete