Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ice, Bartlett Pond, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

I was hoping that I would not get to write this blog post, but alas, I was not able to escape the northeast before the cold and ice set in - better luck next year.  (It seems appropriate to use the word "alas" in that sentence even though I don't think I've ever spoken the word in conversation - Shakespeare I'm not.)

These first three images are at the edge of Bartlett Pond. The random creativity of the shapes is stunning. Imagine how the ice formed in these odd patterns - at some specific moment, water became ice.

I wonder if there is such a thing as an iceologist who understands why ice forms in these patterns. When I Google it, it takes me to a site that interprets consumer emotion - go figure.

Most of the 30-acre pond is frozen already. I think I'll head back inside and warm up.


No comments:

Post a Comment