Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Walk on the Beach, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

I like approaching the beach via this stairway.  It is not only convenient and dramatic but it also keeps us humans off the fragile dunes and their grasses.

As I approach the beach, these two dogs are busily sniffing at something dead and somewhat disgusting - no doubt they will be rolling on it very soon.

A few minutes later, done rolling on the dead thing, it's time to play with the tennis ball.  I loved this back lit glow - but he doesn't seem to understand he must drop the ball for it to be thrown again.

This gull stood for quite a while waiting for something to happen. I think gulls must not have heat/cold sensors in their legs - the water temperature is in the mid-forties Fahrenheit.

None of the land based critters ever seem to eat the seaweed - I guess they are not vegetarians. 


You know how you can tell this isn't my footprint? The dug-in toe suggests the owner is running.


No comments:

Post a Comment