Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, July 8, 2013

Amy's Garden, Bartlett Pond, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Amy's Garden on an early summer day.

These red bee bombs are a favorite of the hummingbirds.

And the bird bath is a popular feature for our feathered friends - both for drinking and bathing. I watched two different red-winged black birds take baths over a half hour period.  Each one did 15 dips and shakes in the shallow water before flying off to a branch to preen and dry off.  I wonder why 15?

This is an advantage of morning dew or fog. Advantage to me, that is, not to the spider who probably won't catch much with a wet web.







The day lilies have begun to bloom.

Here is some mighty fine pollen ready to be collected. Hope a bee finds it before the day of  life of the day lily blossom ends.


6 comments:

  1. I love flower photos and these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..those water droplets snaps stuck to the web threads is show stopper!!
    I salute you for these great snaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading the blog and your comment!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am in love with the picture of the wet spider web, so cool! I absolutely hate spiders but next rainy day I am going to venture out to find some webs to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment, good luck with your efforts!

      Delete