Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rooftops, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico


I was struck on one of my last morning walks by the varied types of rooftops. I don't recall when in my life I have ever seen so many different styles of rooftops within just a few blocks of each other.  It is rare to see so much difference in our homogeneous communities in the US - especially in New England where anything other than a standard peaked roof with gray cedar or asphalt shingles with white trim is generally frowned upon - although one can have a colorful front door, as long as it is black or red. Just kidding, it's not really that sterile.

























No comments:

Post a Comment