Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Greatest Hits of 2014 - Sunrise

Last year, I created about 20,000 images with my point-and-shoot camera.  Of those, I published about 2,000 in 329 separate blog posts. I sat down recently and wandered through those 2,000 images and decided to select around 20 of them to re-publish as my "Greatest Hits of 2014," along with a comment about why I think each one is among my best.

First, a comment about digital photography. Comparing digital to film, if I use a purchase price of $7 per roll (for a 36-exposure roll of color film) and add another $13 per roll to process as a benchmark, those 20,000 images would have used about 555 rolls at a total cost of more than $11,000! which would have been unaffordable.

Since I didn't use film, my only cost was the memory card and batteries in the camera. Essentially zero cost per image. No wonder digital camera photography has taken the world by storm.

****************************************************************************

This particular image is about capturing one of nature's most glorious events - a sunrise - I like this moment because it captures when the light transitions from the cold blue of pre-dawn to the warm orange of daybreak and contains both conditions - it creates a feeling that almost anything is possible in a world with such beauty. The location is on Bartlett Pond, in White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment