Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, December 17, 2012

Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico

Now I get to write blog posts about somewhere other than Massachusetts!!

The town of  Puerto Morelos is a small beach community about 25 miles south of Cancun, Mexico. We arrived  here after flying non-stop from Boston International Airport in Massachusetts, USA,  to Cancun International Airport in Quintana Roo, Mexico, thence via ground transportation.

This stretch of beautiful Caribbean coast on the Yucatan peninsula is called the Mayan Riviera and offers a mix of  busy party towns, small quiet villages, and luxurious resorts and developments.  During the Northern Hemisphere's winter, many North Americans seek escape from the wintry weather and cold by visiting this part of Mexico.  Normal daily temperature range is about 60-84 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'll be spending the next month in this small community south of Cancun. My intent will be to publish a blog post every couple days or so depending on whether internet connections are reliably available (and the heat, humidity, and sun don't make me too lazy).



This panoramic photo of "downtown" Puerto Morelos is also published below my blog masthead but, if you read this on email only you might not get the full width effect. You can click on it for the bigger size.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the Puerto Morelos posts, Joe! We're going there this month, our first visit, and didn't know what to expect. Your blog was so informative! I'm a vegetarian, and was especially interested in your vegan food posts. Fantastic! I can't wait to go and get away from this long, cold Minnesota Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I passed through Puerto Morelos again this year. The vegan restaurant has moved but it is still in town. It's on the street with the "Hobbit House" and the "I Wanna Pizza" restaurant. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update, Joe. Another below zero day here in MN, with wind chill advisory...thoughts of Mexico are keeping me warm. I hope you're enjoying your travels.

    ReplyDelete