Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, May 6, 2022

Low Tide, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Dogs on the beach are controversial for some folks - me - I like them - they are generally friendly and unabashed in their pleasure at romping around, and dashing in and out of the water and chasing thrown balls with child-like glee.



A huge expanse of firm walking sand is exposed at this low tide on White Horse Beach.



5 comments:

  1. Hey Joe, do you know when they open the walkway to the beach nearest to Taylor and and mamomet point road? Looks like it needs fixing, but not sure what's going on with it. Thanks! Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely needs fixing. I thought it would be completed by now. Since it was damaged during the winter, I use either the main entrance near Taylor Ave and Hilltop Ave - they have put down the walking mat on the sand access - or the boat ramp at the south end of the beach near Highland Terrace and Manomet Point Road.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Much appreciated. One more question, is that entrance that needs repair part of the white house beach association or the mamomet beach association. I'm down Priscilla, but thinking of moving. 😁

      Delete
    3. I don't know who has legal responsibility. I have heard over the years that the adjacent condo association had to build that walkway to protect the dunes as a condition of their building approval (and to keep strangers off their property). Again, I don't know what the truth is, or, whether the town or whomever has ongoing maintenance/repair responsibility. I hope someone fixes it soon.

      Delete
    4. Interesting! I'd like it fixed too. Much easier than the one on Taylor, as it has all the stairs, which are troublesome with beach gear and a toddler. Ha ha

      Delete