Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Out and About, Boston, Massachusetts, USA



Sunday last I went to Boston and attended a rally for Ukraine at the Parkman Bandstand on the Boston Common.



A lovely combo of the Ukrainian colors of blue and gold.



There were hundreds, perhaps thousands, in attendance to show their support for Ukraine.



Curious to see how the Russian oil issue will resolve. I'm guessing we will be paying $5/gallon or more very soon for automobile gas.



I made a pass through Chinatown for some lunch at a vegan cafe......



......and through the theatre district where I enjoyed seeing lighted marquees heralding the return of live theatre performances. All tolled, it was a 14,000+ step wander through various parts of town.



For this outing, instead of driving a car, I had taken the train from the adjoining town of Kingston to South Station, about an hour ride - $10 round trip weekend rate.



I had expected cloudy, low 50's F, and rainy on this trip. Turned out mid-60's F and sunshine. What a delight after another long winter in New England. I was tired after that much walking, so it was nice to sit on the train and let the conductor do the driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment